Terms & Conditions
The properties are offered for self catering holidays on a weekly or daily basis (minimum two/three days). Lettings start at 3pm on the agreed arrival date and properties should be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. We will be as flexible as possible around these times. The properties are let subject to the following Terms & Conditions.
1. Payment of the deposit (non-refundable) is deemed to be a firm booking and it is assumed that the tenant has read and agrees to abide by theese Terms & Conditions. If accepted, the Hirer becomes liable for the full balance of charges which are payable 28 days prior to arrival. Please contact us or send an enquiry before this date, so that we can process payment for the outstanding balance. Non-payment of the balance of the hire charges by the due date will result in treating the property as being available for re-booking.
2. If the hirer cancels a confirmed booking within 28 days of arrival date, they remain liable for payment of the full cost of the accommodation. Upon receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation from the hirer, we will endeavour to re-let the property and if successful will make a full refund to the hirer less the deposit and any other expenses incurred in re-letting.
3. The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed the maximum occupancy level stated without prior consent of the owner. Owners reserve the right to terminate the occupancy of the property without notice or refund in the case of a breach of this condition.
4. The hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the hire period, fair wear and tear excepted. The hirer will make good any damage or loss and leave the property and contents in clean and tidy condition. The person held to be responsible for the hiring party will be the person who made the booking.
5. There is an additional £150 'Good Housekeeping Deposit' for Cloy Cottage, to be paid with the balance payment (28 days prior to arrival). This is refundable to the hirer less the cost of making good any damage or loss to the property or for the excessive cleaning found necessary following the period of occupation. It is a condition of the let that the hirer leaves the property and its contents clean and tidy.
6. Owners reserve the right to refuse to hand over properties to any person or persons who in their opinion is not suitable to take charge. In such cases hire charges shall be refunded in full and the liability of the owner shall cease. If an owner is prevented, because of circumstances outside their control (e.g. fire damage, drought or the interruption of utility supplies) from putting the property at the disposal of the hirer, the hire charges shall be refunded in full but the hirer will have no further claim against the owner.
7. The contract effected between the hirer and the owner of the property is in terms of Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 and confers on the hirer the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only.
8. Smoking within Shorehouse Apartments, Shorehouse Cottage or Cloy Cottage is not prohibited in the interests of the majority of our guests.
9. Dogs are allowed with prior agreement of the owners and on the assumption that the dogs are kept off the furniture, are generally well behaved. Owners must pick up after their dogs from The Shorehouse and Cloy Cottage gardens.
10. It is important to that holidaymakers enjoy their holiday and every effort has been made to ensure this. However, in the unlikely event of dissatisfaction with the property or any subsequent problem, the hirer must immediately contact us so that we have the opportunity to rectify the problem. Under no circumstances will any refunds be considered if we are not been given the opportunity to rectify any problems during the hirer's let.